As the winter storm continues across Austin, several local restaurants, bars, and brewpubs are opening their doors to operate as temporary warming shelters for those without heat and power who can get to these locations safely. Eater is tracking these businesses below.
Know of other restaurants operating as warming shelters? Let Eater Austin know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday and Sunday, February 20 to 21
- Govalle brewery Friends & Allies created charging stations while also offering refillable water and beer for sale from noon to 7 p.m.
Friday, February 19
- North Burnet brewery Adelbert’s is letting people charge their devices while offering refillable water and selling to-go beer, from noon to 6 p.m.
- North Burnet brewery Circle Brewing Company is letting people charge their devices while offering refillable water and beer to go orders from noon to 4:30 p.m.
- Skyview brewpub the Brewtorium is open as a warming center again with charging capabilities from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. There’s refillable water for those who bring their own containers and outlets to charge electronics. Warm soft pretzels and beer will be available for sale from 2 to 6 p.m.
Thursday, February 18
- Epoch Coffee’s Far West and North Loop locations were open with indoor space, coffee, refillable water for those who have containers, and tables with outlets available for charging.
- McKinney brewery Meanwhile Beer was open as a warming center from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., offering drinkable water at the brewery from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. to people who bring their own containers, plus there are outlets for charging electronics.
- Skyview brewpub the Brewtorium was open as a warming center with a charging center from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. There’s refillable water for those who bring their own containers and outlets to charge electronics. Food and drink aren’t available.
- Rainey Street Bar Tipsy Alchemist was open from 4 p.m. to midnight. They have drinks, water, showers, and charging stations.
Wednesday, February 17
- West Austin bar Deep Eddy Cabaret was open with power and outlets for charging through 5 p.m. Drinks are not available.
Update, Saturday, February 20, 10:25 a.m.: This article, originally published on Wednesday, February 17, has been updated to reflect current openings.