Austin is getting its first Major League Soccer team this year — Austin FC — and its stadium just announced its initial food and drinks lineup. When the Q2 stadium opens in the North Burnet neighborhood at 10414 McKalla Place in June, the concessions will feature a bunch of Austin restaurants, including:
- Essential barbecue and taco truck Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ
- West, Texas kolache shop Slovacek’s
- Chinese fast-casual mini-chain Bao’d Up
- Food truck T-Loc’s Sonoran Hot Dogs
- Empanada company Mmmpanadas
- Taqueria mini-chain One Taco
- Mexican restaurant and bar mini-chain Taco Flats
- Mini-chain bakery and beer garden Easy Tiger
- Mexican restaurant Casa Chapala
- Farmers market stand Tamale Addiction
The stadium will also offer a rotating restaurant — the Austin Table — in partnership with culinary school Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts as a way of highlighting minority-owned local businesses.
Then, under 512 Food Co., the stadium’s newly formed hospitality company in conjunction with sports and entertainment hospitality distributor Levy, there will be several stadium-only restaurants, led by executive chef Sam Boisjoly (who has previously worked overseeing the concessions at the AT&T Center in San Antonio). These include
- Hot dog and sausage restaurant ATX Doghouse
- Grilllove & Oak Hill Grill, with smash burgers, chicken tenders, and fries
- Sports bar-ish restaurants Eastside Easts and Munchies, both with nachos, chili dogs, pretzels, and sausages
- Queso Fountain, which is most likely not an actual queso fountain, but rather a restaurant with several quesos available
Likewise, there are three grab-and-go markets:
- ATX Mrkt and Austin City Goods, which will include Valentina’s barbecue sandwiches as well as fruit, snacks, and vegan and vegetarian options.
- El Mercado, which will feature Mmmpanadas and Tamale Addiction items
As for drinks, there will be several bars throughout the stadium, including that beer hall (which will highlight Austin breweries), two beer bars dedicated to Michelob Ultra, that Captain Morgan lounge, a Bulleit bar, as well as areas for Austin Eastciders, Waterloo Sparkling Water, Dr Pepper, and other beers and nonalcoholic beverages.