Downtown Austin restaurant Swift’s Attic caught on fire late last night on 315 Congress Avenue. Because of the fire, the restaurant is temporarily closed until the damage is cleared. It is aiming to reopen in three weeks, according to a staffer.
The fire, which damaged Swift’s kitchen mostly, happened sometime late last night. The Austin Fire Department responded to the call a little after midnight early on Tuesday, March 12. No one was in the restaurant at the time, and no one was hurt.
To deal with current reservations at the restaurant, Swift’s Attic is moving people to its sibling restaurants, which are all part of parent company the Chameleon Group: downtown Chinese restaurant Wu Chow and its forthcoming neighborhood restaurant Rosedale Kitchen and Bar on North Lamar (it’s the former space of the group’s seafood restaurant Guild, which closed late last year). Swift’s is also open to moving reservations to other restaurants as well.
The Congress Avenue building also houses vacated tasting menu restaurant Counter 3.Five.VII and jazz club the Elephant Room.
- Swift’s Attic [Instagram]
- Austin Fire Info [Twitter]
- All Coverage of Swift’s Attic [EATX]