As part of the legendary Willie Nelson’s annual music festival Luck Reunion during South by Southwest, the true Texan musician is hosting a special dinner led by female Texas chefs out on his ranch space in Spicewood, Texas.
The PotLuck Dinner, which takes place the evening before the music festival starts on Wednesday, March 13, features five notable chefs from the state:
- Eater Dallas chef of 2016 Misti Norris of cured meats and fermentation palace Petra and the Beast
- Austin chef Bonnie Savage of Southern restaurant Olamaie
- James Beard Award-nominated Houston chef Anita Jaisinghani of essential modern Indian restaurant Pondicheri
- Now-Austin-based Top Chef winner Kristen Kish of the Line Austin Hotel restaurant Arlo Grey
- San Antonio chef Anne Ng of Bakery Lorraine
“We look forward to tasting their dishes and hearing their stories as they show us how their heritage influences their cooking,” Austin Food & Wine Alliance executive director Mariam Parker told Eater.
The evening also includes reception cocktails from Jessica Sanders, the owner of Austin cocktail bar Drink.Well.
Luckily, the meal will end with a performance by Nelson. It benefits Nelson’s nonprofit Farm Aid and is organized by the Austin Food & Wine Alliance and Salt & Time’s Ben Runkle. While tickets to the dinner are already sold out, those who will manage to snag tickets to the Luck Reunion festival (which are available on a staggered rolling basis up until the festival) will be given the opportunity to buy admissions to the meal too.
The Luck Reunion music festival takes place the next day on Thursday, March 14, out on the ranch, with performances by artists like Mavis Staples, Shakey Graves, Nathaniel Rateliff, and many others.
- PotLuck 2019 [Official]
- Luck Reunion [Official]