Stylish Austin Vietnamese restaurant Elizabeth Street Cafe is expanding with a second location in New Orleans. The McGuire Moorman Hospitality (MMH) restaurant will be found within the forthcoming Saint Vincent Hotel, as reported by Austin Monthly.
The new hotel will also include another new restaurant courtesy of MMH: an Italian seafood restaurant making use of Gulf products, as noted by Austin Monthly. There’s no opening date as of yet.
Likewise, the group is opening what is being described as a “Northern Italian-Swiss chalet food” restaurant in Aspen, Colorado within another hotel, as reported by Austin Monthly. The as-of-yet-unnamed restaurant is pegged to open in 2021. This Aspen restaurant makes sense since McGuire Moorman already opened a second location of its seafood restaurant Clark’s Oyster Bar in the Colorado city in 2018.
The New Orleans hotel marks another joint venture between MMH (run by Larry McGuire and Tom Moorman) and Bunkhouse (Liz Lambert). The two companies worked on the revamped Austin Motel together. This included California Tex-Mex diner Joann’s, which opened in 2018 in the former Snack Bar space along South Congress.
Never ones to sit still, MMH is currently in the midst of opening a bunch of already announced restaurants and bars in Austin:
- There are several new restaurants and bars within luxury downtown high-rise building Austin Proper. That will include Israeli and Turkish restaurant Peacock and cocktail bar Goldie’s, which should be opening in mid-December.
- Austin Proper’s casual Mediterranean restaurant Mockingbird Cafe should open in late December or early 2020.
- Likewise, Austin Proper’s final restaurant, the Mexican grill poolside spot La Piscina, is aiming to open in spring 2020.
- MMH is also converting shuttered classic downtown Austin restaurant Hut’s Hamburgers into an Italian restaurant, Sammie’s in the fall of 2020.
- Then, it’s turning Hut’s neighbor Favorite Liquor & Wine into a pizzeria, Favorite’s Pizza, sometime in 2020.
- Finally, the company is changing South Congress restaurant Little Brown and Barrel into a casual Japanese restaurant, Neighborhood Sushi, opening sometime in 2020.
Including all of these forthcoming openings, McGuire Moorman Hospitality will have a total of 22 restaurants in Austin, Aspen, and New Orleans.