It’s time for South by Southwest yet again and this year Eater will be around, serving some of the best food in Texas.
Our regional guide to the essential 38 restaurants in the state just launched, and we’re celebrating it at SXSW from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 11. Come by our Vox Media space at The Belmont — 305 West 6th Street, between Guadalupe and Lavaca streets — and try food from five of the restaurants on the list: Mixtli, Emmer & Rye, Killen’s Steakhouse, The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation, and Odd Duck. Drinks will also be available in the space all weekend, and both food and beverages will be free.
Read more: The 38 Essential Texas Restaurants
Eater’s also serving lunch throughout the weekend from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. each day. On Sunday, lunch will be served by two more Texas 38 restaurants: Contigo and Veracruz (Veracruz will also make watermelon agua frescas on Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.). And SXSW visitors can find pick-me-up snacks in the space on Friday and Saturday from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
If you’re in Austin March 9 – March 11, come by and check it out. Our parent company Vox Media is renting out The Belmont, so there’s a full weekend of programming from across our networks. Beyond the food, attendees can find a Polygon arcade and live shows from our Vox Media family, including Vox’s Ezra Klein, Recode’s Kara Swisher, and The Ringer’s Bill Simmons. See the full schedule right here and RSVP here. A few events to note:
- There’s a speakeasy arcade in The Belmont starting at 11 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. (To get in from the main entrance, head upstairs and look for the blue door with the Nest Hello doorbell.)
- Recode EIC Dan Frommer will talk to Christina Tosi of Milk Bar at The Belmont on Sunday, March 11, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Jose Andres will join Recode’s Kara Swisher for a chat at The Belmont from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
- Modernist Cuisine’s Nathan Myhrvold and Eater executive editor Matt Buchanan will talk about the future of bread at SXSW on Monday, March 12, at 12:30 p.m.
And here’s more information:
- What: Try some of Texas’s essential restaurants from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 11, at The Deep End by Vox Media during SXSW. But stop by The Belmont anytime that weekend for snacks and drinks, live events, and more
- Where: The Belmont (305 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78701)
- But where exactly? Look for Eater-branded food stations in the courtyard downstairs and the terrace upstairs
- When: March 9 – March 11
- The fine print: The Deep End by Vox Media is developed in partnership with Superfly and is brought to SXSW 2018 in partnership with Nest, Tempur-Pedic, and Great Clips.
- Anything else? RSVPs are required for attendance, and guests must be 21 or older to enter the space. And here’s a Facebook event for the party on Sunday if you want to spread the word.