P. Terry’s, Austin’s favorite fast-food burger drive-thru, is expanding outside the city limits for the first time ever. It’s opening a restaurant out in San Marcos, as reported by Community Impact. The burger chain is also opening another drive-thru-only location out on 1551 Texas Highway 71, right across the way from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, sometime early this summer.
“We targeted San Marcos because of the high interest we have received,” as well as from the city, as co-owner Patrick Terry told Eater, “since we originally opened almost 13 years ago. While there is no opening date, he expects the restaurant on 515 Springtown Way to open by the end of the year.
Terry is also busy with his other fast-food venture, Taco Ranch, which opened its first location in Oak Hill in January, and is already working on its second location on West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
P. Terry’s first opened on Barton Springs Road and South Lamar in in 2005, followed by 13 other locations in Austin.