Welcome to day three of the 2018 edition of the Eater Awards, marking the ninth annual year that Eater will honor the most talented restaurants, chefs, and other hospitality world experts in cities around the world.
A refresher: all 24 Eater cities grant prizes in different categories, including Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, and Design of the Year. Both an editor’s choice winner and a reader’s choice winner will be selected in each category, and both will be announced on Wednesday, December 5th.
Now, the rundown for this year’s design of the year nominees:
- Top Chef winner Kristen Kish’s Line Austin Hotel Arlo Grey, designed by Michael Hsu and Sean Knibb:
- All-day restaurant Hank’s, designed by Ben May Design and Claire Zinnecker Design:
- Easygoing bar Last Straw, designed by bar partners Will Bryant and Cody Haltom:
- Pacific-Asian restaurant She’s Not Here, designed by the restaurant partners Ben Cachila and Christian Romero:
- Mexican-inspired restaurant Suerte, designed by Matt Garcia, Bart Whatley, and Allison Burke.
Below, vote for the reader’s choice winner in the Design of the Year category. The poll closes in 24 hours; cast your vote now: