While, nationally, Pride month was in June, Austin’s official Pride parade takes place in August (for logistical reasons). To that end, lots of local restaurants offering food and drink specials and hosting events this month as ways to raise money for LGBTQ nonprofits. There are dessert donations, parade viewing parties, and parties galore. Scope out the rundown below.
- The Emmer & Rye Hospitality Group — Emmer & Rye, Hestia, Kalimotxo, Canje, Henbit, and TLV — is hosting a series of events this month for Pride, where proceeds from all of the events will go towards the national nonprofit the Equality Alliance. The kick-off already happened on August 1, but forthcoming are the pre-Pride party at Kalimotxo on Friday, August 19 with appetizers, cocktails, and live entertainment for $60 starting at 7:30 p.m.; and the ice cream social on Sunday, August 21 at Emmer hosted by chef Tavel Bristol-Joseph with cocktails and drag performances from noon to 3 p.m. All restaurants will also offer cocktail specials and themed merchandise plus a raffle. (Various)
- Downtown hotel the Stephen F. Austin Royal Sonesta Hotel is hosting an Austin Pride Parade watch party on Saturday, August 20, where people can view the parade from the terrace. It will host a raffle that will benefit Austin nonprofit Out Youth. (701 Congress Avenue, Downtown)
- The Austin location of Bakery Lorraine will donate proceeds of its birthday cake macaron sales to LGBTQIA+ foundation Qwell as part of the nonprofit’s dessert foundation this month starting from Monday, August 1 through Wednesday, August 31. (11600 Rock Rose Avenue, Domain)
- Vegan bakery Skull & Cakebones is donating 10 percent of all of its pastry and dessert sales to LGBTQIA+ foundation Qwell as part of the nonprofit’s dessert fundraiser this month starting from Monday, August 1 through Wednesday, August 31. (3991 East Highway 290, Dripping Spring)
- Little bakery Dō’s Tiny Bread Shed is donating 10 percent of all of its cinnamon roll sales to LGBTQIA+ foundation Qwell as part of the nonprofit’s dessert fundraiser this month starting from Monday, August 1 through Wednesday, August 31. (2903 East 12th Street, East Austin)
- Bakery the Cupcake Bar is donating 10 percent of its cupcake sales during the month of August to LGBTQIA+ foundation Qwell as part of the nonprofit’s dessert fundraise starting from Monday, August 1 through Friday, August 20 (online)
- Gluten-free and vegan spot Zucchini Kill Bakery is donating one dollar of every sale of its Sweet Pride cupcake to LGBTQIA+ foundation Qwell as part of the nonprofit’s dessert fundraiser. (701 East 53rd Street, North Loop)
- Hi Sign Brewery is celebrating Pride month with happy hours every Friday in August, with proceeds from the events donated to the Equality Alliance. There are also limited-run Pride t-shirts and tanks for sale with proceeds from those also going to the Equality Alliance.
- Mediterranean restaurant Aba will donate 25 percent of proceeds from its dedicated Pride drinks menu to Austin nonprofit Out Youth on Saturday, August 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Items include a Napa Valley sauvignon blanc, a French cinsault, and two cocktails. (1001 South Congress Avenue, Travis Heights)
- East Austin Hotel is posting a pool party on Sunday, August 21 from 2 to 6 p.m., with food, drinks, a DJ, a drag show, and vendors. Tickets are $30. (1108 East Sixth Street, East Austin)
- New Orleans-y diner Sawyer & Co. will donate one dollar from every Watermelon Sugar High frozen cocktail and fried pickles sales to Austin nonprofit Out Youth from Thursday, August 18 through Sunday, August 21. (4827 East Cesar Chavez Street, Govalle)
Update, Friday, August 19, 1:29 p.m.: This guide, originally published on August 11, has been updated to include additional events and donation specials.