Father’s Day is just around the corner. Sunday, June 20 to be exact. But instead of gifting the paternal figure in your life something boring, why not opt for something a bit more memorable?
To help out, Eater Austin gathered the best Father’s Day specials and events revolving around food and drink. Find everything from dry-aged steaks at butcher shop/restaurant Salt & Time, brisket pot pies from bakery Tiny Pies, to barbecue bloody mary kits from Asian smokehouse Loro.
The following is listed in alphabetical order. Everything below takes place on Sunday, June 20, unless otherwise noted.
- Bakery Abby Jane Bakeshop has a bunch of desserts on deck for Father’s Day, including pies (Texas peach, key lime) and klobasniky. The deadline for online preorders is Thursday, June 17 at midnight, with pickups on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. (16604 Fitzhugh Road, Dripping Springs)
- San Antonio-based Bakery Lorraine is baking up tobacco-bourbon macarons for Father’s Day, made with steeped loose-leaf tobacco. The sweets are available Saturday and Sunday, June 19 in singles or packs of six or 12. (11600 Rock Rose Avenue, Suite 100, Domain Northside)
- Bakeshop Confituras is offering a bunch of preorder items for Father’s Day, including kits (a pickles and preserves one and a buttermilk biscuit one), plus baked goods. Place orders online for pickups on Friday and Saturday, June 18 and 19. (2129 Goodrich Avenue, Zilker)
- Wine bar Cru has brunch and dinner prix fixe specials. Brunch is a la carte or three courses for $32 (plus mimosas and bellinis for $3) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and the three-course dinner for two people with filet mignon and strip steak for $99. The meals are available for dine-in and takeout services. (238 West Second Street, Downtown; 11410 Century Oaks Terrace, Domain)
- North Loop bar Drink.Well is hosting an in-person Father’s Day-pegged whiskey tasting on Saturday, June 19 with Balvenie single-match scotch. The $75 ticket includes a flight, a cocktail, and a snack plate. It runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (207 East 53rd Street, North Loop)
- Bakery and cafe Fluff Meringue is offering a gift bag of savory spiced nuts and sweet wedding balls in a tote bag. Preorders are placed online for pickups and deliveries from Tuesday to Sunday, June 15 through 20, with walk-in ordering available during that time. (4800 Burnet Road, Rosedale)
- As part of vegan ice cream shop Gati’s summer solstice party on Sunday, June 20, fathers will be able to get free scoops. There’s also a retail market, hard seltzer and sparkling water, paella, and Thai food, plus a DJ. It takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. (1512 Holly Street, East Austin)
- Both locations of Italian restaurant Juliet will offer special dishes for Father’s Day. The Barton Springs restaurant has a vegetable lasagna and a scotch cocktail; the Arboretum one has a grilled ribeye steak plus two cocktails. Both are available from Friday through Sunday, June 18 to 20 for dine-in service. (1500 Barton Springs Road, South Austin; 10000 Research Boulevard, Building C, Arboretum)
- Baked goods service Latin Bakery Austin put together a box for Father’s Day, consisting of chocolate truffles, alfajores, cookies in the shape of ties, macaroons, and meringues. Online orders for the $25 box are open now for pickups on Saturday, June 19. (5302 Eagle Trace Trail, Riverplace)
- East side neighborhood restaurant Launderette put together a takeout pork chop meal for Father’s Day. The $74 package comes with a double bone-in pork chop with poblano-tomato gravy and salsa verde, paired with spinach-artichoke dip and vegetable dishes. There are optional desserts as well, ranging from a blueberry crumb pie to a chocolate chip cookie cake. Place orders online for pickups on Saturday, June 19. (2115 Holly Street, Holly)
- Asian smokehouse Loro put together a takeout bloody mary kit with a barbecue spin. The house mix is made with brisket drippings, horseradish, hot sauce, and tomato juice. The $39 kit also includes a spicy salt and pickled items. Orders can be placed online or over the phone, with pickups on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20 from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. (2115 South Lamar Boulevard, South Lamar)
- Southern restaurant Olamaie’s golf course spot is hosting a Father’s Day bake sale with sausage rolls and chocolate brownies, plus chef Michael Fojtasek is grilling hot dogs. It runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., preorders for the baked goods can be placed online. (201 Lee Barton Drive, South Austin)
- Butcher shop and restaurant Salt & Time has plenty of dry-aged steaks available for at-home cooking and grilling for Father’s Day, from the angus tomahawk ribeye to a cowboy ribeye. (1912 East Seventh Street, East Austin)
- Upscale Thai restaurant Sway is offering a two-person prime rib roast meal with buttermilk biscuits, potatoes, collard greens and more. The $150 meal is available for dine-in or takeout services from Thursday through Saturday, June 17 to 19. (3437 Bee Caves Road, Westlake)
- Nordic bakery service the Fika Table is doing a combination dessert special for both Father’s Day and Swedish Midsommar: a strawberry sponge cake. Orders can be placed online for deliveries on Sunday, June 20.
- Austin mini-bakery chain Tiny Pies put together a bunch of both small and large offerings for Father’s Day, ranging from a 12-pack of fruit- and pecan-filled pies to a savory brisket pot pie to a peach tart. Place orders online through Thursday, June 17 for pickups Friday through Sunday, June 18 to 20. A limited amount of day-of pies will be available at respective bakeries. (Multiple locations)
- Texas coastal seafood restaurant TLC has both dine-in and takeout options for Father’s Day. For dine-in service on Sunday, June 20, there are two specials: the ribeye steak and king crab leg combination and a lobster mac and cheese. The four-portion $180 takeout meal includes steak, king crab legs, lobster mac and cheese, candied bacon deviled eggs, and chocolate brownies with ice cream. Orders can be placed online for pickups Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20. (1100 South Lamar Boulevard, Zilker)
- Japanese restaurant Uchiko is offering a box of sweets created by executive pastry chef Ariana Quant. Items ranged from a pineapple cotton cheesecake to choux with strawberry umeboshi and vanilla to a peach and peach leaf shortcake. Rounding out the box is a bottle of Jester King Brewer’s provenance blood orange and tangerine beer. .Orders for the $95 box can be placed over the phone at (512) 916-4808 with pickups on Saturday and Sunday, June 19 and 20, from 4 to 10 p.m. each day. (4200 North Lamar Boulevard, Rosedale)
- Frenchish Bakery service Vivian’s Boulangerie has got a whole bunch of fun Father’s Day dessert packages. Items include croissant sandwiches, perfect croissants, cookies, and drinks. Orders can be placed online for pickups and deliveries that weekend.
Know of a Father’s Day special or event that is missing? Let Eater know through email@example.com or the tipline.
Update, Thursday, June 17, 4:30 p.m.: This guide, originally published on June 8, has been updated to include additional Father’s Day specials.