Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden, the popular Rainey Street hangout, is finally going through with its long-awaited expansion. The plans mean a new building adjacent to its current location, adding an extra 15,000 square feet of dining, lounge, event, and performance space, and bringing its total standing capacity to more than 2,000 people. It’s set to be completed by next year’s SXSW in 2018.
The new building means more food, drink, and entertainment offerings thanks to a number of new additions including:
- Another custom 101-tap draft system will be constructed, bringing the total number of taps to 207 and giving Banger’s the largest draft system in Texas
- A custom, walk-in beer cellar
- A full meat processing facility, including a cure room, a meat rail to transport and break down whole animals
- A large smokehouse with custom grills and smokers
- A 300-person event space in the basement
In addition, the current kitchen will also be overhauled so the restaurant can triple the amount of people it can serve.
The ground floor of the new building will consist of an outdoor beer bar, the meat processing facility, and the new smokehouse. It can also be converted into a 400-person private event space. The interior of the second story will be used as private offices, and the covered outside deck will a private event space for up to 300 people. The basement will house a specialty vegetable fermentation and pickling room. The building will be on a lot which has been used for staff parking and an outdoor event space until now.
Banger’s broke ground on March 20. Construction will have no effect on regular business operations. The restaurant will share construction progress via a video series on its Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Banger’s Expands With New Building [EATX]
- All Coverage of Banger’s [EATX]