1. Parlor Room — Adding to the Rainey Street bar scene is the Parlor Room, from the folks behind Bungalow, with cute Instagram moments.
2. Kung Fu Saloon — The bar’s second Austin location is up and running at the Domain's entertainment district at the Rock Rose with arcade games, karaoke, and booze.
3. Cover 3 — The upscale sports bar now boasts a Round Rock location, which opened its doors on March 14.
4. Gino’s Vino — Windsor Park neighbors are loving the new Italian joint on the ground floor of the Marriott Residence Inn on East 51st. There’s a bit of a Rat Pack feel with the swanky decor and classic fare like surf & turf and scallops with risotto. With bonus lounge singer.
5. Lox, Box & Barrel — The locally-focused upscale deli from the folks behind Celtic Seafare cured salmon is open for business out in Southwest Austin along Highway 290. For lunch, look out for sandwiches like Reuben, French dip, and the Texas Clubhouse, plus plenty of lox and pickles.
6. Brad’s Italian Deli — Friends Ryan Peterson and Blake Webb opened their Italian-focused but Texas-inspired cafe up in Anderson Mill back in February. Look for classic Italian fare alongside habanero peach baby back ribs.
7. Honey’s — Amy’s Ice Cream proprietors Amy and Steve Simmons have opened a Neapolitan pizzeria in Smithville, the tiny town about an hour southeast of Austin. In addition to pizzas, Honey’s offers an assortment of sandwiches, salads, and cocktails. The Simmonses plan to revitalize Smithville to make it an affordable haven for the creative classes being priced out of Austin.
8. Rusty Cannon Pub — There is a new bar on West Stassney where alcohol needs can be met alongside stuffed jalapenos and barbecue pork shanks.
9. Bollywood Indian Grill — What was once Naanfull up on far north Burnet Road is now Bollywood, serving up authentic Indian curries and tandoori grilled meats.
10. Zorba Greek Diner — The former Tino’s Greek Cafe is now a seated, table-service Greek restaurant on Balcones Drive.