clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

P. Terry's Austin Takeover Marches On With New Flagship At Capital Plaza

New, 2 comments

Lucky number 13

P. Terry's at Capital Plaza under construction
P. Terry's at Capital Plaza under construction
Melanie Haupt/EATX

Construction is underway on the new P. Terry’s at Capital Plaza next to Target. The burger chain's distinctive frame, designed by architect Michael Hsu, was erected just this month on 5701 N IH 35. This location will include a drive-thru and outdoor patio, much like the others. It was originally slated to open sometime last year.

The new P. Terry's plywood. [Photo: Melanie Haupt/EATX]

Proprietor Patrick Terry spoke with Eater Austin last year and counted this location among those he’d hoped to have completed by the end of 2015. This will be the 13th of a projected 14 total Austin-area locations. The final location, according to Terry, will eventually be found farther north on 183 at Market at Lake Creek.

Following the April 2015 interview, the homegrown burger chain opened a location in November at 1800 East Oltorf in the former Super Burrito spot, and in December at 5900 North Lamar.

Patrick and Kathy Terry opened the first P. Terry’s in 2005 at the corner of South Lamar and Barton Springs, staking the brand on a commitment to all-natural beef and chicken and other fresh, all-natural ingredients. There are currently no plans to expand outside of Austin.

Update, 2:30 p.m.: According to a P. Terry's representative, the Capital Plaza location, which should open this summer, will function as the chain's flagship store:

This feeling comes from its visually striking architecture and its placement, visible to around 200,000 passing vehicles a day.

P. Terry's

404 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704 (512) 473-2217 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Austin newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world