Denver brunch contender Snooze is set to make its first, and then second Texas appearances this year along Lamar Boulevard. Here is what Eater knows about the breakfast-obsessed chain’s Austin plans so far.
2) There will be two Snoozes in Austin: one on North Lamar, with neighbors Charmeleon Group’s third restaurant in the Lamar Central building, and then another across the river on South Lamar, which
should open sometime in the summer is opening before the end of May.
3) The restaurant will work with Austin food vendors like Vital Farms (providing free range eggs), Good Flow Honey, and Dripping Springs Vodka (and gin).
4) The menus don’t differ between locations, so diners can expect "creative twists on classic breakfast dishes," according to a rep. This means pineapple upside down pancakes, breakfast pot pie, and many different variations on eggs Benedict, including a chilaquiles one made with barbacoa and tortillas.
5) Cocktails will include the mouthful Mmm Mmm Mimosa made with similarly expanded Denver import Infinite Monkey Theorem's sparkling wine on tap, the Snooze Fashioned with local bourbon, and the Bangkok Mell, a Bloody Mary made with fish sauce and Sriracha.
6) The usual nonalcoholic drinks will be available, like coffee, juices, and Maine Root sodas.
7) It will be table service
only, unlike other locations which include counter service and counter service, too.
8) Hours will be from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily.
9) Snooze is also expanding to Houston, debuting in May or June.