clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

EZ’s Brick Oven & Grill Caught On Fire Last Night

No one was hurt.

EZ's Brick Oven and Grill
EZ's Brick Oven and Grill
Nadia Chaudhury/EATX

Greasy spoon EZ’s Brick Oven and Grill caught on fire last night because of a broken gas line pipe. It busted after staffer dropped something on it by mistake. KXAN reported:

The fire spread from the vent system to the roof, where the fire department were able to put hose lines, extinguishing the fire. AFD is monitoring the inside of the restaurant for levels of toxic gas and the health department has been notified.

Seven staffers and about fifteen customers were inside at the time, and left without any harm. There is no word on whether it will reopen today yet. Update, 11:15 a.m.: KXAN reported that EZ's lost $400,000 in damages.

EZ's first opened in San Antonio in 1989, with two locations. The restaurant expanded to Austin in 1994.

EZ's Restaurant

3918 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78756 (512) 302-1800 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Austin newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world