1) SquareRut Kava Bar — SquareRut's focus is kava, the plant native to Polynesian islands, the roots of which are used in a drink that has relaxing effects. The cafe's third location in Austin is now open in the former Flipnotics space on Barton Springs.
3) Kung Fu Tea — This bubble tea chain out of New York opened in West Campus in early January on West 24th Street. In addition to the tapioca drinks, Kung Fu offers slushes, coffee drinks, and "Wow Milk," a thick, creamy condensed milk beverage served warm or cold. Look out for a second location on Research Boulevard.
5) Tarka — The fifth location of the fast-casual Indian chain is now open at the Domain's touted Rock Rose. Owner Tinku Saini is toying with the idea of implementing an Indian-style rickshaw delivery service.
6) Two Hands Coffee — This fair trade coffee shop is now open at the Domain's Rock Rose complex, and offers weekly entertainment in addition to coffee, beer, wine, and juices. Plus, there's food from Quack's 43rd Street Bakery and Fricano's Deli.
7) Nosh & Bevvy — The former Sarovar Indian restaurant on Burnet Road is now a British gastropub featuring curries, burgers, and fish and chips baskets to enjoy while playing darts, pool, and ping pong.