1) SquareRut Kava Bar — SquareRut's focus is kava, the plant native to Polynesian islands, the roots of which are used in a drink that has relaxing effects. The cafe's third location in Austin is now open in the former Flipnotics space on Barton Springs.
2) Hopdoddy Round Rock — The ever-expanding burger chain has opened its latest shop in Round Rock and is celebrating with a doughnut burger.
3) Kung Fu Tea — This bubble tea chain out of New York opened in West Campus in early January on West 24th Street. In addition to the tapioca drinks, Kung Fu offers slushes, coffee drinks, and "Wow Milk," a thick, creamy condensed milk beverage served warm or cold. Look out for a second location on Research Boulevard.
4) Soup Peddler — The beloved soup and smoothie joint has finally opened a central city location. The fourth spot includes the same healthy grab and go items on Airport Boulevard.
5) Tarka — The fifth location of the fast-casual Indian chain is now open at the Domain's touted Rock Rose. Owner Tinku Saini is toying with the idea of implementing an Indian-style rickshaw delivery service.
6) Two Hands Coffee — This fair trade coffee shop is now open at the Domain's Rock Rose complex, and offers weekly entertainment in addition to coffee, beer, wine, and juices. Plus, there's food from Quack's 43rd Street Bakery and Fricano's Deli.
7) Nosh & Bevvy — The former Sarovar Indian restaurant on Burnet Road is now a British gastropub featuring curries, burgers, and fish and chips baskets to enjoy while playing darts, pool, and ping pong.
8) Austin Burrito Company — Among the burgeoning locally owned fast-casual places in Bee Caves is Austin Burrito Company, offering upscale, scratch-made burritos a la Freebirds and Chipotle.
9) High 5 — This family-oriented bowling alley in Lakeway has attractions for the kids and a full-service bar and restaurant, featuring "gourmet American classics" upstairs for the grownups.