1) Cantine — The new Italian cafe from the owners of shuttered Fino opened last week in the Lamar Union apartment complex on South Lamar. On the Italian-Mediterranean menu are fresh pasta, pizza, and a full bar.
2) 969 BBQ, Pizza, & Wings — Diners can find barbecue and pizza all in one place at the newly opened 969 BBQ, Pizza, & Wings. The pies worked for one Yelper, who wrote, "All of the pies were loaded with cheese and toppings, the sauce was applied in just the right amount and the crust was perfectly chewy."
3) Chi’Lantro — The popular food truck’s brick and mortar expanded to a second spot on Burnet Road this week. Expect to find kimchi fries, Korean barbecue, and more.
4) Kerbey Lane — The seventh restaurant in the Kerbey Lane family opened this month in Round Rock. The diner’s beloved pancakes and Tex Mex offerings are available all day long.
5) Southside Flying Pizza — The local pizza chain expanded to a third location, slinging its Neapolitan pies on Cesar Chavez. The full menu is available for lunch and dinner.
6) Bun Belly — Vietnamese cuisine, with a "contemporary" twist, came to Airport Boulevard this month with Bun Belly. The menu includes pho, shaken beef, and homemade ice cream. It’s open only for dinner for now. Beer, wine, sake, and cocktails are also available.
7) Mod Pizza — The Seattle-based pizza chain opened its third Austin restaurant in Anderson Mill this month. One Yelper is a fan: "The pizza is delicious; thin crust, flavorful sauces, fresh ingredients."