1) Southern’s at PBK — Southern fine dining comes to Pflugerville when Southern’s at PBK opens tomorrow. Helmed by executive chef Steve Southern, formerly of Iron Cactus, the menu ranges from brisket-filled egg rolls, bacon cheese burgers, chicken-fried meats, steak, to banana pudding.
2) Fire & Ice Pizza Bar — The new fast casual pizza restaurant in Round Rock brings thin crust pizzas to the suburb. This includes special pies like the Urban Cowboy with meatballs and pepperoni and The Godfather with chicken, spinach, and bacon. Sides include garlic knots, fried pickles. Milkshakes, cocktails, and beers, with happy hour specials, are also available.
3) World of Beer — All the beer is now available at the new South Lamar bar. There’s also a comfort tavern menu and an infusion tower where customers can create their own flavors of beer.
4) Craftsman — The East Cesar Chavez bar is pouring cocktails like the Italian Stallion with grappa and prosecco, Black Bears and Sage with sage gin, soda, and blackberries, and Jack Talks Thai with gin, pineapple, bell pepper, and jalapeno.
5) Waller Creek Pub House — The new restaurant and bar opened during SXSW. There are 30 beers on tap, and burgers, salads, and sandwiches on the menu. The "outside patio seating is perfect for the typical Austin weather," for one Yelper.
6) Cielito Lindo Mexican Cuisine — "The flavors of true interior Mexican food are alive and well" at the Cedar Park’s newest Mexican restaurant, according to one Yelper. Another one really loved their queso, salsa, and pork verde enchiladas. Owner Don Eusebio previously worked Fonda San Miguel.
7) Red Horn Coffee and Brewing Co. — The Cedar Park coffee/beer combination opened last month, offering coffee, beer, sandwiches, cheese and meat boards, and a delicious concoction called the Red Horn Brewlato, with espresso shots, vanilla gelato, and stout. The atmosphere is perfect for the location, as noted by one Yelper: "It exudes an inviting, smart-casual vibe where folks on a suburban date can coexist with families with a couple of kids in tow."
8) Mod Pizza — The first Austin location of the Seattle-based pizza chain opened this month, bringing pies and salad to Mueller. The second at West Lake Hills opens this Thursday, with a third Cedar Park one in the works for May.