With thunderstorms, flooding, and tornado warnings hitting Austin today, here is a running list of restaurants, bars, and food trucks that are still open, opening later, or closed completely. This list will be updated as the day progresses. Know of any others missing below? Let us know at email@example.com or in the comments below. Be safe and avoid all low water crossings.
Bouldin Creek rising fast onto Monroe St. behind Mellizoz Tacos #atxwx @statesman @KXAN_Weather pic.twitter.com/7dTUR4ljwq— Mellizoz Tacos (@MellizozTacos) October 30, 2015
- Micklethwait Craft Meats is still dishing up barbecue.
- Mellizoz Tacos is still open for tacos on South First. It also shared a video of the rising waters of Bouldin Creek, located behind the taco trailer.
- Stiles Switch is still open.
- Easy Tiger is still open, and shared a video of the fast rushing Waller Creek. During Memorial Day, water reached the beer garden's patio.
- 24 Diner's
lost power, so it is currently closedpower is back, so it is open.
- Despite a flooded parking lot and a runaway dumpster, Hops & Grain's taproom is still open. Burger truck Kick Drum won't open today, though.
- Austin Daily Press is open.
- Both locations of Michi Ramen are still open, including the delivery-only one on South Lamar.
- Flooding aside, Salt Lick is still open.
- For now, Snack Bar
is closedis back open now.
- John Mueller Meat Company is closed today because of flooding.
- The Peached Tortilla’s downtown truck won’t open on 98 San Jacinto.
- Fresa's Chicken Al Carbon, which undertook water during the Memorial Day floods earlier this year, is closed.
- Epoch Coffee's North Loop location, which also temporarily closed during the Memorial Day floods, is closed.
- Counter Cafe's North Lamar location is closed.
- Currently, Shoal Creek Saloon is flooded, as tweeted by KXAN.
- All truck locations of Chi'lantro are closed.
- East Side King
won't open for lunchat Hole in the Wall is closed for the day.
- While Bacon didn't flood like before, the restaurant is still closed today.
Shoal Creek flooding at the @SCreekSaloon. If you haven't tuned in, you should https://t.co/UUoaT5aSjd pic.twitter.com/kr50F03eUh— KXAN News (@KXAN_News) October 30, 2015
- No lunch at Fork & Taco, but it still plans on opening later today.
- UberEats is
holding off on itslunch and free Voodoo Doughnut box delivery until further notice is back on.
- Whip In has a delayed opening until 12 p.m. is called off.
- Sway will open at noon today.
- Lenoir's wine garden is closed, but the restaurant is still open.