1) Blue Owl Brewery — Sour mashing experts Blue Owl Brewery is officially open to the public on East Cesar Chavez after the recent batch of soft openings. Tasting room hours are held on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 5 to 10 p.m, Saturday from noon to 10 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. The brewery is also hosting tasting and homebrew classes. Plus, there’s a fenced patio for outdoor beer drinking.
2) Blackbird Bakery — The gluten-free bakery company now has a brick and mortar in Lakeway. Run by cookbook author Karen Morgan, the shop will sell pastries, bread, and other delicious baked goods, alongside coffee. For now, there are limited hours.
3) Burn Pizza + Bar — The latest project from Bridget Dunlap focuses on Italian cuisine and pizza on East 6th Street. Along with Roman-style pizza, there’s pasta, salads, and gelato.
4) Black Walnut Cafe — Houston-based has a new second location on Burnet Road. The fast casual chain offers sandwiches, salads, burgers and pasta dishes as well as craft beer, wine and craft cocktails.
5) RA Sushi — The sushi chain debuted its Austin location this week. It’s armed with sushi lollipops (really), Japanese dishes, and bottomless Bloody Marys on the weekends.
6) Local Slice — The Cedar Park pizzeria expanded with a second spot near 290 and 183 with the same pies, calzones, and salads, but a more limited dessert menu. Gluten-free pies are also available.
Additional reporting by Anastacia Uriegas