1) Gourdough’s Public House Downtown — After a slow roll out, the downtown location of the donut and booze palace officially opened this week. The second location is serving alcohol and their donut masterpieces for lunch and dinner.
[Photo: Stay Gold Austin/Facebook]
2) Stay Gold — The newest East Cesar Chavez bar is now open for business as of last Friday. This weekend’s grand opening celebration include music, drinks, and a screening of The Outsiders. Toaster, the bar’s Southern trailer, isn’t open just yet.
[Photo: Chilantro BBQ/Facebook]
3) Chi’Lantro — Chi’Lantro’s brick and mortar quickly opened up in the former AOK Chinese space on South Lamar on January 19. The fare includes the food truck’s menu, including the famed kimchi fries, along with breakfast.
[Photo: Lucky’s Puccias & Pizzeria/Facebook]
4) Lucky’s Puccias — Another food truck’s brick and The Italian sandwich trailer opened its brick and mortar this month, too, on West 5th Street. Along with the namesake dish, Lucky’s also serves wood-fired pizzas and gelato.
5) JuiceLand — The juice franchise’s 12th store opened up on MLK and Chicon this month, along with an 11th one in Cedar Park.
[Photo: Fuzzy’s Taco Shop/Facebook]
6) Fuzzy’s Taco — The fast food Mexican chain opened its second Austin store (and 77th in total) in mid-January in Crestview’s Midtown Commons center. "If you want good food, a great bar and super friendly staff, this is a good place to go," a Yelper said.
7) Verts Kebap — The doner kebap food chain opened up a new location on Riverside on January 10. One Yelper already approves: "This place gets pretty close to what I used to get in Germany."
[Photo: Delaney’s Icehouse/Facebook]
8) Delaney’s Icehouse — The new bar took over the old Texadelphia space on Shoal Creek Boulevard this month. According to a Yelper: "The prices are low and the food is standard American pub fare."
[Photo: TopSpin Karaoke & Wing Bar/Facebook]
9) TopSpin Karaoke & Wing Bar — Self-dubbed as a karaoke and wing bar, the Cedar Park restaurant opened on December 29. One Yelper said, "I pictured a smoky bar smelling of fried food but that was not the case at all!"
[Photo: Rosa’s Cafe/Facebook]
10) Rosa’s Cafe — The fast casual Mexican Texas chain opened up its first Austin restaurant on Slaughter Lane on December 29. One Yelper described the food as, "Expect the food to be a notch above Taco Cabana and a step below like a Casa Garcia's."