1) Texas Craft Brewers Festival — Over 50 of the state's best breweries will converge on Fiesta Gardens this Saturday from 2-6:30 p.m. A $25 ticket gets attendees a wristband and six 4 oz. sampling tokens. Many of the breweries will be offering exclusive and rare beers for the fest.
2) Austoberfest — In case your Saturday doesn't have enough beer, Austoberfest takes over the Saengerrunde Hall that day as well. The sausage and beer celebration features a German sausage tasting from 1 - 5 p.m. from purveyors like La Barbecue, Black's Barbecue and Micklethwait Craft Meats. German beer tastings run until 11 p.m. Tickets are $40 for the whole event, presented by Foodways Texas.
3) Cochon 555 at The W Hotel — The Austin stop of national pork-obsessed cooking competition will feature chefs like Ned Elliott, Mat Clouser, and Houston's Justin Yu. The chefs each receive a whole heritage hog, which they use to create six dishes. Another set of cooks will participate in the "BBQ Traditions" track, which will feature ribs from Stiles Switch and Argentine barbecue from Salt & Time. Oh, yeah, and there's a lot of booze. Tickets start at $100 for the event, which runs from 4-8 p.m. on Sunday at the W.
4) Springdale Farm Aid — Chef favorite and home to mini-restaurant Eden East Springdale Farm is struggling as they navigate new city urban farm regulations. Over 20 Austin chefs will offer bites at the farm on Sunday from 1-5 p.m. to raise money for the farm; tickets are only $50. Participanting restaurants include Olamaie, Congress, Epicerie, Wink, and more.
5) Wright Bros. Brew & Brew Anniversary — Coffee & beer mega-hit Wright Bros. Brew & Brew will celebrate their one-year anniversary with a slate of events this weekend. Tonight is "Rare Beer, Rare Blends," which will feature "a bunch of beers you never see alongside each other, Saturday is focused on unique coffees from Portland and Chicago, and Sunday they'll host a recovery brunch from the Texas Craft Brewers festival.