Looking for something to do over the long weekend? Here's a roundup of fun restaurant and bar events around town.
1) ABGB's Anniversary Party — South Austin sensation the ABGB will throw an anniversary party this Monday, September 1st. In addition to happy hour all day, they will host a cook out with Smokey Denmark, give brewery tours, and feature lots of live music. The party runs from noon to 10 p.m.
2 ) Labor Day Luau at The Gibson — A benefit for The House That Bars Built, The Gibson's party on Sunday, August 31 will feature a giant waterslide, a pig roast, drink specials, and more.
3) NXNW 15th Anniversary Party — For a more family-oriented brewery anniversary, check out North by Northwest's, which will feature bouncy castles and balloon animals in addition to lots NXNW beers past and present.
4) Brunch at El Chile Group — Can't stand a day off without brunch? Both locations of El Chile, as well as new burger concept El Sapo will be serving brunch on Monday, September 1 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Happy hour conveniently starts immediately afterward.
5) All-Day Sunday Funday at Banger's — Since the long weekend makes Sunday extra-fun, Banger's will be open until 2 a.m. and will host live music throughout the day.
· All Something For The Weekend [EATX]