clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Juan in a Million Reopens Today After a Kitchen Fire

Photo: Meghan McCarron/EATX

Gigantic breakfast taco destination Juan in a Million reopens today after their kitchen was damaged by smoke Monday evening. The Statesman has more details on the fire as well:

A pot containing some grease left on an active stove caused the fire Tuesday. Nothing burned, but it created a large amount of smoke that blackened areas of the kitchen. "It was amazing how much smoke came from that little pan," [owner Juan] Meza said

Yesterday marked the restaurant's first non-holiday closure since opening in 1980.
· East Austin Restaurant Juan in a Million Will Reopen Wednesday [Statesman]
· All Juan in a Million Coverage [EATX]

Juan in a Million

2300 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Austin newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world