Gigantic breakfast taco destination Juan in a Million reopens today after their kitchen was damaged by smoke Monday evening. The Statesman has more details on the fire as well:
A pot containing some grease left on an active stove caused the fire Tuesday. Nothing burned, but it created a large amount of smoke that blackened areas of the kitchen. "It was amazing how much smoke came from that little pan," [owner Juan] Meza said
Yesterday marked the restaurant's first non-holiday closure since opening in 1980.
· East Austin Restaurant Juan in a Million Will Reopen Wednesday [Statesman]
· All Juan in a Million Coverage [EATX]