A portion of East Cesar Chavez was shut down yesterday evening after a fire at breakfast taco destination Juan in a Million. According to The Statesman, the restaurant suffered a "small fire" that caused about $10,000 in damage due to a stove left on.
This is the restaurant's first fire, and first non-Christmas closure after 33 years in business. Owner Juan Meza hopes to reopen tomorrow, July 2.
· East Austin Restaurant Juan in a Million Damaged in Fire [Statesman]
· All Juan in a Million Coverage [EATX]