Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Here are five picks for fun events around town.
1) Salt and Time Beer Dinner — Butcher shop and restaurant Salt & Time is hosting another beer dinner this Sunday, June 15 at 6:30. Tickets are still available for the five course pairing with Austin Beer Works.
2) Brunch with Dad — Father's Day is this Sunday, and a number of restaurants are offering Dad-centric brunches. Epicerie will serve a beer-braised brisket, Banger's will roll out a breakfast sandwich with their Manmosas, Max's Wine Dive has a buffalo wing special, and The Bonneville rolls out steak and eggs, complete with tots. NXNW brewery even has a "Dad Burger."
3) Whiskey With Dad — Dads have very limited palates, it seems? If it's not red meat, it's whiskey. East Side Showroom will offer discounts on all whiskey and whiskey cocktails along with a steak dinner, and the W's Living Room Lounge is breaking out their Pappy stash.
4) World Cup Madness — Austin is going crazy for the World Cup, so why not join in? It's a whole new excuse to watch sports and drink beer. Here's Eater's picks for the funnest places in town to watch.
5) Sweet, sweet pie: Ditch steak and whiskey and take your dad for a pie road trip.