clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Neon Lights Sparked Fire at Barton Springs Baby A's; Restaurant Reopened the Same Day

No strangers to neon sign fires.

Baby Acapulco Neon
Baby Acapulco Neon
Baby Acapulco

Early Sunday morning, margarita distributor Baby Acapulco, on Barton Springs Road, caught fire, due to sparks from their neon sign. While they sustained $5000 in damages, the Mexican chain restaurant opened for business that evening , according to television station KVUE.

This isn't the first time the neon at a Baby A's location has created flames, as noted by Eater writer Andrea Grimes in 2013. Apparently, this has happened several times. Perhaps it's time to switch to alternate signage?

Baby Acapulco

1628 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704 (512) 474-8774 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Austin newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world