One of the country's biggest craft brewers will descend on Austin next week for the Brooklyn Brewery Mash. Here's a breakdown of all the restaurant and bar events they'll be organizing, from farm dinners to tap takeovers. The full event list, including concerts and film screenings, is on the Mash's website.
1) French Pairings: Arro will serve specially paired dishes with Brooklyn Brewery's Winter and Sorachi Ales all week. Think pork rillettes, and braised venison.
2) Easy Brooklyn: Easy Tiger will host a their popular Easy Sunday with a Brooklyn Brewery focus. The event runs from 2-6 PM on Sunday November 16 and includes a "tap attack," whatever that means.
3) Farm Dinner: The crew from Odd Duck will collaborate with Brooklyn Brewery chef Andrew Gerson at Simmons Family Farm. Other participating artisans include Treaty Oak Distilling and Blackbird Bakery. The event kicks off at 4 p.m.; here's the menu and details.
4) Winter Tap Takeover: Brooklyn brings their winter-friendly beers to The Liberty on Monday night.
5) Craft Beer's Rise: Austin Beerworks will host a panel with Brooklyn Brewery co-founder Steve Hindy, Blackstar Co-op senior brewer Andy Martinec, and Bitch Beer's Caroline Wallas on Tuesday, November 18 at 8:00. The $6 ticket includes a beer (duh).
6) Rare Beer Tap Takeover: Rare beers from the brewery like their 2011 Black Chocolate Stout will be available at the Flying Saucer on Tuesday, November 18 from 4-6 p.m.
7) Beer Pairing Class: Learn to pair beer and food from Brooklyn Brewery's chef Andrew Gerson at School House Pub on Wednesday, November 19. The event focuses on spices and starts at 6:30 p.m.
8) Slow Supper: Dinner Lab will host one of their secret location pop-ups with Brooklyn Brewery on Friday, November 21. Pick up tickets and check out the menu here.