Friday, October 31
1) East Side Showroom will celebrate a New Orleans-inspired "voodoo" Halloween menu this weekend, with tarot readings available tonight. Menu specials include boudin balls and shrimp and grits, and they'll serve classic New Orleans cocktails as well as a two-person Eyes of Rada Loa volcano bowl.
2) Searsucker is running an "OFFal" five course prix fixe dinner tonight for the holiday. The first course is a pumpkin spice chicken liver mousse.
3) Banger's will celebrate tonight with blood sausage and several different pumpkin beers on tap, including the St. Arnold Pumpkinator and the mega-strong (17% ABV!) Avery Pum[KY]n. Their yard will be decorated with hay bales and pumpkins, too.
4) Gourdough's will host a Creepy Carnival tonight at their restaurant location. Employees will be dressed as sideshow acts, and there will be a costume contest, karaoke, and, of course, donuts.
5) Russian House parties down with dancing, free photo booths, drink specials and a costume contest.
6) Adelbert's Brewery will host a costume contest and party today from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. both for best costume and "best Del lookalike." Prizes include gift cards to Odd Duck, Barley Swine, and more.
7) Anyone who visits a Thundercloud Subs in costume today from 3 - 7 p.m. will receive a buy one, get one free deal on their subs. Many Thunderclouds will be decorated, and employees will dress up as well.
8) School House Pub's Blood, Guts, and Beer party will feature blood sausage and "gut" pate, as well as Infamous Brewing's Pumpkin Massacre beer. Yes, there will be a costume contest.
Saturday November 1st
1) El Chile celebrates Dia de los Muertos with a pig roast at their South First location, as well as margarita specials. They encourage patrons to dress in festive attire and bring items for their Altar de los Mueros.
2) Fonda San Miguel decks out their dining room for Dia de los Muertos every year, including several massive altars.