Fresh on the heels of yesterday's announcement of Rene Ortiz's departure, Matthew Odam at The Statesman reports that Executive Pastry Chef Laura Sawicki will also be departing from the two restaurants in "the near future." Eater spoke with owner Jesse Herman, who said he had nothing to add beyond their previous statement "of support" for Ortiz and Sawicki.
During her tenure at La Condesa and Sway, Sawicki was a James Beard semi-finalist and a Food and Wine magazine "Best New Pastry Chef." In a March interview with Texas Monthly, Sawicki called Ortiz "my best friend."
· Executive Pastry Chef Laura Sawicki to leave Sway and La Condesa [Statesman]
· La Condesa's Rene Ortiz and Laura Sawicki [TM]
· All La Condesa Coverage [-EATX-]
· All Sway Coverage [-EATX-]
· All Laura Sawicki Coverage [-EATX-]
[Photo: Jesse Herman/La Condesa]