- A rendering of Qui, from A Parallel Architecture.
- Via @PQui hisownself: "It's all coming together."
- Via bar manager Michael Simon: "Pistachio Orgeat for the @QUIAustin menu; mostly antioxidants and vitamins."
- Via Simon: "Chartreuse Falernum waiting patiently for the @QUIAustin bar! Mmmmmm!"
- Via June Rodil, here's chef de cuisine Tim Dornon with his sandwich: ""Stop bossing me around and let me eat my sandwich in peace!"
- From chef Jorge Hernandez: "A potential three hours of sleep. Yep, this feels like opening a restaurant. #soworthit."
- A little chin-up from Momofuku Milk Bar in NYC.
- The Qui staff gets a meaty lesson at east side butcher shop Salt & Time.
- "We do not sow." Looks like Paul Qui's a House Greyjoy fan.
- Via June Rodil: "How the hell am I gonna lose weight during this opening if people keep bringing things like #gordoughs"
- Island Creek Oysters!
- And some bright aka uni.
Every day, it seems chef Paul Qui, general manager June Rodil, bar manager Michael Simon, media wrangler Deana Saukam and the rest of their mightily talented restaurant crew tease us ever more, via social media, with bits and pieces of what we can look forward to at Qui, the Top Chef winner's flagship east side restaurant.
Above, find a slideshow of some of their most intriguing photographic teases, from a staff tasting at Salt & Time to house-made orgeat to a pile of gloriously orange uni. Fancy some moving pictures? Here's a Vine video from Rodil of the staff eating raw crab: "If we go down--we go down TOGETHER!!!"
Just don't go down before that projected June opening, okay y'all?