KXAN reporter Chris Sadeghi is on the scene in West, Texas, after last night's fertilizer plant explosion. He tweets that the Czech Stop is operating in fine form: "Happy to say the Czech Stop is open and serving breakfast to emergency workers."
The Man Up Texas BBQ blog is hosting a West benefit at La Barbecue on Sunday, April 28th. From the blog:
"We will accept monetary donations, as well as item donations. As for money, look for the guy with the big donation jug. Details are still being worked out, but we will likely have a donation jar at the BBQ trailer, as well."If y'all hear of any Austin-area restaurant, bar or food truck fundraisers for West, let us know down the tipline.
UPDATE! We'll be adding new ways to help as we hear about them.
· Z Tejas will give a free meal to anyone who donates blood to the West efforts: "For all those donating blood on April 18 and April 19 in the wake of the West tragedy, Z'Tejas will happily provide you with your next meal. Come in to any of the three Austin Z'Tejas locations (Sixth Street, Arboretum and Avery Ranch) and show us your donation card or bandage to receive your choice of entree at lunch or dinner. Limit one entree per donor."
· Phoenix Farms will be collecting canned food and other items for donation at the Mueller Farmers Market on Sunday, April 21.
· Harley Davidson of Waco will host a Crawfish Boil Relief Fundraiser on Saturday, April 27th.
· The pie revolutionaries at the Pie Society are "taking donations at each delivery."
· All three statewide locations of the Kung Fu Saloon will donate 100 percent of their sales to West relief via the Red Cross. Official statement: " ... on Tuesday, April 23rd, all three Kung Fu Saloon locations (Houston, Dallas, & Austin) will be donating 100% of their sales for the entire day to the relief efforts in West, Texas via the American Red Cross. It'll be a fun and different way to contribute to the relief efforts, if you're not able to give blood, come out on Tuesday to have a few drinks, 100% of what you spend will go to West."
· Chef Erica Beneke at Max's Wine Dive downtown says they'll be serving kolaches this Saturday and Sunday mornings during brunch hours, and "all of the proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross to aid in the efforts in West."
· Swift's Attic will be taking donations all weekend, as well as raffling off prizes for those who help. Via Facebook: "As a thank you for your help, we will be raffling off some gift certificates as well as a dinner for four (4) afterwards. Each item you bring in will enter you into the raffle. Please help now and help often."
·PhoNatic will donate 10 percent of net sales this Friday, April 26th, to the Red Cross in Waco.