The family behind iconic Lockhart barbecue restaurants Smitty's and Kreuz Market are bringing the brisket goodness to Bee Cave on October 28. Back in June, The Statesman reported that the Schmidt family's famous "barbefeud," which lead to Kreuz Market moving down the street and Smitty's opening, was over. The Schmidts said they had "long ago made up" and are opening a new restaurant together as a public "reunion."
The Schmidts told The Statesman in September that they chose Bee Cave because "We wanted something with a small-town feel but in or near Austin." Barbecue photographer Robert J. Lerma posted a shot of the lit-up exterior on Twitter.
· Schmidt Family Barbecue [Official]
· Lockhart Barbecue Family Buries the Hatchet [Statesman]
· Smoke in the Heir [Statesman]
· Robert J. Lerma [Twitter]
· All Schmidt Family Barbecue Coverage [EATX]