Put on your fancy pants, Austin, because the Driskill Hotel has announced a "Texas Culinary All-Star Event" for October that features all manner of white-tablecloth, reservations-weeks-in-advance cheffage, plus famous people. Celebrity chef Sara Moulton (formerly of the Gourmet dining room and presently of Sara's Weeknight Meals on PBS), Rob snow of The Mansion at Judges' Hill, Shawn Cirkiel of Parkside and more will whip up a six-course meal with wine pairings. Notable boozers present: Bill Elsey, the Texas Sommelier of the Year and Dwayne Allen Clark from Péché. Click on for the official press release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE DRISKILL HOTEL ANNOUNCES TEXAS’ CULINARY ALL-STAR EVENT
Premier Austin Restaurant Hosts Culinary Event
Featuring Celebrity Chef Sara Moulton and Elite Texas Chefs
AUSTIN, Texas – September 15, 2011 – The four-diamond and newly renovated Driskill Grill, rated among the best restaurants in Texas, will host the Texas Culinary All-Star Event featuring Celebrity Chef Sara Moulton on Wednesday, October 12th. This delectable culinary event, held at the historic Driskill Hotel in Austin, will begin at 6:30pm with a champagne reception followed by a six course meal with wine pairings (and a few culinary surprises). Sara Moulton will introduce the Fourth Chef’s Course and be available to sign copies of her most recent cookbook, Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners.
The featured chefs and courses include:
1. Executive Chef, Rob Snow, from The Mansion at Judges’ Hill will demonstrate his flair for regional Texas fare with an introduction of the Amuse-Bouche www.mansionatjudgeshill.com/Dining
2. Chef Shawn Cirkiel of Parkside, widely recognized as one of Austin’s most creative restaurateurs, will introduce the Second Chef’s Course http://parkside-austin.com/#home
3. French-born chef Philippe Schmit, known as “The French Cowboy,” recently opened his highly-acclaimed restaurant Philippe Restaurant + Lounge in Houston, TX and will join us to introduce the Third Chef’s Course www.philippehouston.com/
4. Award-winning Executive Chef for The Driskill Hotel, Jonathan Gelman will introduce the Fourth Chef’s Course www.driskillhotel.com
5. Celebrity Chef, cookbook author and Food Network television personality, Sara Moulton will introduce the Fifth Chef’s Course http://saramoulton.com/
6. Following a coffee/tea service, Tony Sansalone, one of Austin's premier pastry chefs and Executive Pastry Chef at 1886 Café & Bakery, will introduce the Sixth Chef’s Dessert Course www.driskillhotel.com
Guests of this culinary event will have the chance to meet Bill Elsey, the current Texas Sommelier of the Year and top Austin mixologist Dwayne Allen Clark from Péché, Austin's first absinthe bar where pre-prohibition style cocktails are created. Attending also is Heida Thurlow, founder of Chantal Cookware, a pioneer of innovations in the cookware industry including bringing color into the kitchen.
All couples or individual guests will receive one 10” Chantal Pan as a gift, a $125 value. Tickets for this event go on sale Friday, September 16th. To make reservations call 512.391.7162 or email email@example.com. The prices for this event are $199 per individual and $339 per couple plus tax and gratuity.
· The Driskill Hotel [Facebook]
The Driskill Bar and Grill. [Photo: Driskill/Facebook]