Yesterday the Twittersphere blew up with the information that Statesman features writer Matt Odam had been named the next restaurant critic for the newspaper. So what does Odam bring to the table?
For starters, he's been writing about the Austin food scene (in addition to several other topics, including movies and music) for some time now. He writes things like "Making my way down the great stairs and through the ground level of the hotel felt like a Scorsese tracking shot." He doesn't appear afraid to play a little rough in the kiddie pool that is Austin (see the time he called out Lance Armstrong for losing it at a bar) and has a "love-hate relationship with breakfast tacos."
Below, a collection of Odam's previous Austin food writing to get yourself acquainted with his work if you're not already. Did we miss any pieces of note? Let us know.
· I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Teo's [Austinist]
· Go Bites Prepares to Launch [A360]
· Interview: Padma Lakshmi [Statesman]
· Popped Perfection at Cornucopia [A360]
· Sandwich Stories: 5 Reasons to Be Thankful For Sliced Bread [A360]
· Food in the SXSW Zone: Hot Dog King [A360]
· Texas Hill Country Wine & Food Fest: Culinary Masters [A360]
· Pizza on the Side: Parkside Chef Expanding His Circle [A360]
· Frank Rec Room to Open [A360]