Holy Top Chef sightings, Austin. The judges have been busy eating at all kinds of Austin restaurants, including Barley Swine, La Condesa, East Side Showroom and a smattering of food trucks, while the cheftestapants are largely scrambling to buy watermelons at Whole Foods. Also, seems like Uchiko's Paul Qui is still in the running. Below, the sightings so far — have one of your own? Let us know.
· Filming at the Salt Lick on Friday. [Eaterwire]
· Tom Colicchio and Gale Simmons at Barley Swine on Friday. [Eaterwire]
· Padma Lakshmi at La Condesa, tweeting about eating grasshoppers and crickets on Saturday. [La Condesa / Facebook]
· Tom Colicchio making the East Sixth rounds (and tweeting about it) with stops at East Side King, East Side Showroom and Bits & Druthers. Possibly accompanied by Emeril Lagasse? [@tomcolicchio, East Side Showroom / Facebook]
· Gail Simmons at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport waiting for a plane to Austin on Sunday. [Eaterwire]
· Downtown shooting — plus a Paul Qui sighting — both Friday afternoon and this morning. [Eaterwire]
· All Top Chef Texas Coverage on Eater Austin [-EATX-]