Sagra's almost back in business after a fire caused over $100,000 in damage to the downtown Italian restaurant: the restaurant will officially reopen on April 20 for dinner service.
They've determined the cause of the fire was a "faulty pizza oven installation," which spread to the roof of the building before it was extinguished. The restaurant still plans on hosting Easter and Mother's Day brunches.
SAGRA REOPENS AFTER FIRE
AUSTIN, TX— Sagra Italian Trattoria will be reopening Wednesday, April 20 after a kitchen fire, which took place during service on the evening of Sunday, April 3, forced them to close for repairs. The fire, a result of faulty pizza oven installation, caused an estimated $100,000 in damages and left the restaurant closed for two weeks. During the time of Sagra’s closure, Chef/Owner Gabriel Pellegrini continued to pay his employees’ salary and also set them up with volunteer work in various kitchens around the city. Nearby, Dive Bar hosted a fundraiser for Sagra on Saturday, April 16 to help make up for the lost tip wages to Sagra’s servers and bartenders. Sagra will be hosting their annual Easter and Mother’s Day brunch buffets on April 24 and May 1, respectively.