Fireworks, wind, and a thatched roof: who could have predicted impending disaster? The grass roof of Hula Hut's deck caught fire when sparks from a fireworks display blew onto it during New Year's festivities this weekend.
A city ordinance required a fire crew to be standing by during the display, and as such the damage was contained; the restaurant still estimates it at about $50,000. The restaurant reopened by noon New Year's day. Check out some witness-submitted footage of the blaze below.
· Hula Hut Catches Fire on New Year's Eve [KXAN]
· All Disaster Coverage on Eater [-E-]