All right, folks, we've got more information on the David Bull-helmed trio of bars/restaurants going into The Austonian. It seems Congress, Second Bar + Kitchen, and Bar Congress will be one big happy family, sharing staff and kitchen space.
The previously announced all-star squad will largely work in all three spaces, with some back of house team members focusing on specific restaurants. Hints at the menus and staffing assignments below.
Congress will be open five nights a week and will feature a three-course prix fixe and a seven course tasting menu. The menu will change daily and (surprise, surprise) will feature local, seasonal ingredients.
Second Bar + Kitchen will be a bit more casual, and takes on the ambitious challenge of mixing Italian, French and Asian cuisines with Texan flavors. They'll be open for lunch, happy hour, dinner and late night, and will serve plates both small and large. Also, pizza!
Bar Congress is located between the two restaurants and will serve a sort of combination of the other two restaurant's styles. It's open the same five nights as Congress.
· Beverage director June Rodil has, in fact, left Tyson Cole's Uchi/Uchiko restaurants and will work in all three spaces.
· Adam Bryan, formerly of East Side Showroom, will manage all three bars.
· Ex-Good Knight bartender Billy Hankey will man the bar at Second Bar + Kitchen.
· Pastry chef Plinio Sandalio is running the entire pastry program.
· Interiors are being done by Amber Lewis, who was responsible for the Driskill redesign as well as Bolla and Bolla Bar in Dallas.
On a somewhat related note, Bull has officially left Bolla and will be replaced by Cesar Gallegos.
The Austonian. [Photo: The Austonian]