David Bull is executive chef at the upcoming Congress and Second Bar + Kitchen, arguably the most anticipated restaurants in Austin right now, and according to Austin360, he's scored some major names to work their kitchens, bars and cellars. Chef de Cuisine at Congress will be Rebecca Meeker, who worked with Bull at the Driskill Grill and has helped open restaurants for Joël Robuchon. She was also chef for awhile at the recently shuttered Cissi's Wine Bar. Ethan Holmes of Taverna and Snap Kitchen will hold the same position at Second.
· Plinio Sandalio: A recent transplant from Houston, Sandalio is an exciting snag for Austin's pastry scene. Formerly of Houston's Textile and Gravitas, Sandalio is known for modern riffs on nostalgic dishes.
· Adam Bryan and William Hankey: The East Sixth bar scene just got a little less interesting as Bryan of East Side Show Room and Hankey of The Good Knight will be moving their cocktail shakers downtown.
· June Rodil: The Beverage Director of Uchi and Uchiko, Rodil was named Texas' Best Sommelier by the Texas Sommelier Association and the Wine and Food Foundation of Texas.
· Jason Stude: Formerly of Whole Foods, Stude will hold a sous chef position.
· David Bull Snags Talent for Austonian Restaurants [A360]
· All David Bull Coverage on Eater Austin [-EATX-]
· All Austonian Coverage on Eater Austin [-EATX-]
The Austonian. [Photo: The Austonian]